Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 1 Day
In this course you will learn how to: Understand and describe the EPUB format; Create EPUB (and other electronic) books; Distribute your electronic books through popular distribution channels such as Amazon and iTunes.
This course is currently available in another city, on demand or for private classes only. Call us at 888.484.2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form and we will contact you to arrange a class date that is suitable to your availability.
- What are EPUB, eBooks and iBooks?
- EPUB readers
- EPUB authoring tools
- EPUB Technologies
- What can and can't be included in an EPUB document
- Introduction to XML/XHTML
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Working with images
- Working with XML/XHTML
- Text structure
- Working with tables
- Creating hyperlinks
- Inserting images
- Working with CSS
- Creating and linking to the CSS file
- Setting document styles
- Adjusting spacing and text wrap
- Creating drop caps, sidebars and pull quotes
- Navigation, functionality and accessibility
- Creating and editing a Table of Contents
- What is metadata?
- Adding metadata
- Adding page and chapter breaks
- Creating guide sections for iBooks
- Adding accessibility features for assistive technology devices
- Previewing and validating
- Previewing EPUBs on your computer and devices
- Previewing for the iBooks app
- Validating your EPUB files
- Exporting and distribution
- What readers support EPUB?
- Creating a Kindle version
- Other reseller formats
- Getting an International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
- Distributing your book through resellers such as Amazon and iTunes
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.