Time: 9am - 4pm
Duration: 2 days
In this course you will learn how to: Identify the technologies required by the Standard on Web Interoperability; Describe Web content for people with disabilities using WAI-ARIA; Enhance search engine optimization and provide a richer browsing experience with HTML5 Microdata; Create Web feeds using the Atom Syndication Format; Include Microdata and ARIA markup in WET Usability theme content
EWHT201—Learning HTML5 or equivalent is essential
Public Class Schedule
|Web-based(Opens in new window)
May 30 - May 31
We're Here to Help
Don't see the dates you need? Call us at 888.484.2933 or Tell Us What You Need
. We can also provide live, on-site training in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts in major centres such as Boston, Portland, Concord, Manchester and Burlington.
- What is ARIA and how is it used?
- How is ARIA accomplished?
- Accessibility problems with scripting
- When can ARIA be used?
- The ARIA Roles Model
- Understanding landmark roles
- Understanding document structure roles
- Understanding widget roles
- ARIA States and Properties
- Defining states and properties with widget attributes
- Defining content changes with live region attributes
- Defining drag and drop interface elements
- Defining information relationships
- HTML Microdata
- What is microdata and how is it used?
- Why should we add microdata?
- When should we add microdata?
- Basic Microdata Syntax
- The itemscope, itemprop and itemtype attributes
- Applying multiple properties
- Understanding the Schema or Vocabulary
- Describe an organization or business
- Describe a person or contact
- Describe event details
- Describe product information
- Microdata Tools
- Schema Creator
- The microDATAgenerator
- Google's Rich Snippet Tester
- Character Encoding
- What is character encoding?
- Why use UTF-8?
- How to implement UTF-8
- Web Feed Requirements
- Understanding the Atom Syndication Format
- Creating an Atom web feed
- Implementing the Standard on Web Interoperability
- Migrating your content to HTML5 in the WET Usability theme
- Applying ARIA in the WET Usability theme
- Applying Microdata in the WET Usability theme
- Character encoding and the WET Usability theme
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.