Time: 9am - 4pm
Duration: 2 days
In this course you will learn how to: control the look and feel of a web page; write efficient and organized CSS; understand colour and measurement in a web context; control and manage browser inconsistencies.
Students must have experience with HTML
Public Class Schedule
|Web-based(Opens in new window)
May 15 - May 16
We're Here to Help
Don't see the dates you need? Call us at 888.484.2933 or Tell Us What You Need
. We can also provide live, on-site training in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts in major centres such as Boston, Portland, Concord, Manchester and Burlington.
- What is CSS?
- A very brief history CSS
- Why use CSS design?
- Limitations of CSS
- How CSS and HTML work together
- Basic CSS Grammar
- The building blocks of CSS
- Where does the CSS go?
- Commenting in CSS
- Redefining the Default Styles
- What are we styling?
- Redefining common elements
- Optimizing the CSS
- Changing how elements display
- Styling Certain Types of Content
- When a simple selector isn't enough
- Styling content based on its state
- Styling content in different contexts
- Optimizing, Testing and Debugging
- Work smart and write less
- Organization affects the design
- Dealing with browser inconsistencies
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.