Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 2 Days
In this course you will learn how to: Use jQuery to work with elements on a web page; Change the content of a web page without having to reload it; Work with jQuery events; Work with jQuery User Interface (UI) widgets.
This course is currently available in another city, on demand or for private classes only. Call us at 888.484.2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form and we will contact you to arrange a class date that is suitable to your availability.
- What is jQuery?
- Advantages of using jQuery
- Downloading jQuery
- The jQuery documentation
- Linking to the jQuery file
- The script tag
- Working with the Document Object Model (DOM)
- jQuery basics
- The jQuery function
- Executing code when the page is ready
- Chaining methods
- Basic selectors
- Selecting the first or last element
- Selecting a specific child by position
- Selecting an element that contains specific text
- Selecting an element based on an attribute
- Selecting by type
- Selecting by state
- Manipulating the DOM
- Looping over elements
- Reading and setting an attribute's value
- Changing the HTML and the text of an element
- Dynamically adding to an element
- Appending page elements
- Changing the dimensions
- Wrapping an element and inserting content before and after it
- Working with events
- Attaching events to elements
- Using shortcuts
- Reacting to an event only once
- Overview of jQuery User Interface (UI) widgets
- Choosing and downloading a widget
- Overview of the Accordion widget
- Overview of the DatePicker widget
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.