Social media marketing is the process of creating content to promote your products and services on various social media platforms. Social media is used to connect with your target audiences to build your brand personality,
increase awareness and drive traffic to your website. Social media marketing is a combination of publishing content on your social media profiles, engaging with your followers and increasing reach via social media
advertisements. Social listening and analytics are key to succeed to ensure messages are relevant and authentic.
What are the core pillars of social media marketing?
Social media strategy:
What are your goals? What platforms are your target audiences predominately using? And what type of content will be most relevant to your target audiences? Do not make the mistake and create profiles on all social
platforms, only to neglect them and your followers. It is better to start highly focused and grow them slowly over time.
Social media planning and publishing:
Consistency is important. Plan your content ahead of time to ensure all channels are fed regularly. Spontaneous posts can be added as you see fit.
Social media listening and engagement:
Make it a daily habit to monitor all channels to engage with your followers by responding to messages, comments, visitor posts, reviews, etc. As your social media following grows, conversations about your brand will also
increase. People might talk about your brand without tagging you in which case it is beneficial to monitor social media conversations about your brand.
Social media analytics:
Has your following increased? What is your engagement rate and reach? Analytics are an important indicator to tell you which posts are highest performing. Focus your efforts on what resonates most with your audience to
increase the effectiveness of your social media marketing efforts.
Social media advertisements:
Social ads can be highly effective to reach a wider audience than those who are following you. Most platforms allow you to create very targeted audiences for your social ads based on demographics, behaviours, interests
etc. Ensure to monitor what works best to adjust creatives and budgets as necessary.
Social media marketing can be overwhelming at first, but we are here to help you navigate the core pillars to succeed. We offer a variety of digital marketing and social media training courses, including:
- Introduction to Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Using Social Media for High Conversions of B2B and B2C Relationships
- Building a Marketing Strategy with a Digital Centrepiece
- Fundamentals of Digital Marketing for Public Sector
- Creating Engaging Visual Marketing Content
- Increasing Your Market Relevance with High Impact Content
- Crafting Your Content and Buying Your Place in the World of Search Marketing
- Extracting Meaning and Action from Your Marketing Analytics
- Acquiring Ideal Customers Through Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Intelligent Email Marketing to Attract and Retain Customers
- Leveraging Mobile to Stay In Touch with Your Market
- Digital Marketing Accelerated Training 5-Day Master Class
- Writing for the Web
- Creating and Managing a WordPress Website
Social media marketing is always evolving. Join one of our upcoming courses to stay up to date with all the latest changes and strategies to succeed.