Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 2 Days
In this course, you will learn how to: Create rich and engaging EPUB files based on the EPUB 3.0 technology; Convert print designs to EPUB documents; Include animation, rich media and interactive elements in your EPUB document; Preview, test and export your EPUB for a variety of devices.
or equivalent knowledge or experience is mandatory.
Public Class Schedule
- What are ePub mobile PDFs and Adobe DPS formats?
- ePub 3.0 FXL devices
- ePub 2.0 vs 3.0 standards
- What can and can't be included in an ePub document
- Adobe InDesign brief review
- The InDesign workspace
- Creating InDesign documents
- Working with text and images
- Preparing the InDesign document for a fixed layout ePub
- Creating a new fixed layout document
- Working with pages and master pages and spreads
- Converting a print based layout into a FXL ePub
- Tips for layout adjustment
- Controlling versions and content with the content collection tools
- Updating linked content
- Adding media to your ePub
- Importing sound and video formats
- Working with buttons and button actions
- Building Object States (slide shows)
- Animation Tools
- Overview of HTML 5 animation tools
- InDesign animation tools
- Animation presets
- Creating and editing an animation
- Setting up timing and timing effects
- Testing and previewing animations
- Navigation, functionality and accessibility
- Creating a cover image
- Building a device table of contents
- Adding hyperlinks
- What is metadata?
- Adding metadata
- Adding accessibility features for assistive technology devices
- Previewing, testing and exporting
- General export options for FXL ePub
- Previewing ePubs on your desktop computer
- Previewing for the iBooks iPad app and mobile devices
- Resources for publishing and distributing the ePub
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.