Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 1 Day
In this course you will learn how to: Understand and describe the EPUB format; Create EPUB (and other electronic) books; Distribute your electronic books through popular distribution channels such as Amazon and iTunes.
Public Class Schedule
- What are EPUB, eBooks and iBooks?
- EPUB readers
- EPUB authoring tools
- EPUB Technologies
- What can and can't be included in an EPUB document
- Introduction to XML/XHTML
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Working with images
- Working with XML/XHTML
- Text structure
- Working with tables
- Creating hyperlinks
- Inserting images
- Working with CSS
- Creating and linking to the CSS file
- Setting document styles
- Adjusting spacing and text wrap
- Creating drop caps, sidebars and pull quotes
- Navigation, functionality and accessibility
- Creating and editing a Table of Contents
- What is metadata?
- Adding metadata
- Adding page and chapter breaks
- Creating guide sections for iBooks
- Adding accessibility features for assistive technology devices
- Previewing and validating
- Previewing EPUBs on your computer and devices
- Previewing for the iBooks app
- Validating your EPUB files
- Exporting and distribution
- What readers support EPUB?
- Creating a Kindle version
- Other reseller formats
- Getting an International Standard Book Number (ISBN)
- Distributing your book through resellers such as Amazon and iTunes
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.