Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 1 Day
This course is intended to give students the skills they need to be successful users of InfoPath Designer 2013. On the way to gaining that aptitude they will focus on several areas of interest in a dozen different modules. Students will learn about the basics of forms, formatting text, working with tables, adding controls, validating and managing data, finishing forms, working with views, publishing forms, and customizing the interface.
Public Class Schedule
- The Basics
- This module will give students the skills they need to get off on the right foot, with information on how to get started with InfoPath Designer 2013. Students will learn how to sign into the program with a Microsoft account and how to create, save, and open a form.
- Your First Form
- This module provides a chance for students to dive right into the heart of an InfoPath form. They will learn how to choose a page layout template and theme, how to insert tables, and how to add headers and footers. We all know that spelling is important, so the module wraps up with a look at using the spell checker.
- Formatting Text
Working with Tables
- Like all modern programs, InfoPath Designer 2013 has the functionality to format text. This module guides students through various text formatting options. They will learn about changing font face, size, and color, plus how to apply font effects and styles. The module also touches upon how to apply bullets, how to use the Format Painter, and how to clear formatting from text.
- Tables are an important and useful part of InfoPath Designer. This module will teach students the ins and outs of tables, including how to select table data; insert and delete rows and columns; change column and row width, height, and cell padding; show and hide gridlines; and customize borders and shading.
- Inserting Controls
- Controls are the primary components of InfoPath Designer forms. They can be used to enter data as well as interact with the form in a variety of different ways. In this module, students will learn how to insert standard, repeating, optional, choice, and master/detail controls. They will also learn how to use the Control Properties dialog.
- Validating Data
- Students will be taught how to validate data in this module. They will look at how to choose the data type for a control, require data entry for a control, mark a control as read-only, modify list box choices, and set default values for a control.
- Managing Data
- Data is useful if you can manage it properly and that’s what students will learn here in relation to InfoPath Designer. This module looks at adding a data source, viewing data source properties, using resource files, managing fields, adding fields and groups to forms, and bind controls to existing fields.
- Using Rules to Validate Data
- More data about data is coming students’ way in this module. They will learn how to create built-in validation rules, custom validation rules, formatting rules, and action rules. The module wraps up with a look at using the Rule Inspector.
- Finishing the Form
- When students complete this module they will know how to create a data connection to submit data, set advanced form options, modify template properties, and use the Design Checker.
- Working with Views
- Here students will learn about manipulating views. They are taught how to create a view, switch to a view, change view properties, set a view as the default, delete a view, and create a print view.
- Publishing the Form
- Now that their forms are complete, students are taught how to share them. This module teaches students how to preview a form, protect a form, publish a form, e-mail a form, and print a form.
- Customizing the Interface
- This module allows students to make the InfoPath Designer interface their own. Here they will learn how to collapse and pin the ribbon, customize the Quick Access toolbar, hide and show ribbon tabs, create custom ribbon tabs, and reset the interface.
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. will make every attempt to be flexible in regards to class cancellations and rescheduling. In an attempt to ensure that everyone enjoys a consistent training experience, Eliquo offers the following policies.
Any student cancellation that occurs a minimum of six (6) business days prior to a scheduled class is eligible for a full class credit or a 100% refund on the cost of the class. Due to scheduling logistics, if you cancel or re-schedule a registration within five (5) business days of the course date, payment is due in full at that time and will be held as a credit towards a re-scheduled date or a future course booking. Course credits are valid for 12 months from the date of the original class booking.
All cancellations and rescheduling requests must be sent in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verbal communication of a cancellation will not meet our refund requirements.
In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your full registration fee will be refunded or you can reserve a seat in the next available class. You will be notified of a class cancellation at least five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled class.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class at any time, in which case the refund and rescheduling policy would apply. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. is not liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student, even in the event of a cancellation.
Eliquo welcomes qualified substitute students in place of the originally registered student providing that we are notified in writing at least one day in advance before the class date.
Classes are offered on a first come first serve basis.
Refunds or course credits are not available to web-based class participants who are experiencing technical difficulties due to issues incurred on their own computer network(s). Eliquo Training and Development Inc. requires that web-based class participants follow the supplied set-up and testing procedures a minimum of three (3) days in advance of their class start date in order to avoid technical issues on the day of their class.
If you have any questions regarding our cancellation policies, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (888) 484-2933.