Time: 9AM - 4PM Eastern Time (ET)
Duration: 1 Day
PowerPoint is Microsoft’s powerful and easy-to-use presentation program. This version of PowerPoint incorporates some new features and connectivity options in an effort to make collaboration and production as easy as possible. This course is intended to help all novice computer users get up to speed with PowerPoint quickly. We will cover different features of the interface; show users how to create, save, and present a basic presentation; cover the basics of formatting; discuss how to add multimedia to a presentation, and more advanced topics.
Public Class Schedule
|Web-based(Opens in new window)
|Web-based(Opens in new window)
- Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Students will learn how to navigate the PowerPoint environment, create and save a PowerPoint presentation, and use PowerPoint help (including the new Tell Me feature).
- Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
- This lesson covers the key steps in developing a PowerPoint presentation: selecting a presentation type, building the presentation itself, laying out the presentation, editing text, and viewing and navigating the presentation.
- Performing Advanced Text Editing
- This lesson provides techniques for formatting characters, paragraphs, and text boxes.
- Adding Graphical Elements to Your Presentation
- Students will learn how to add images, screenshots, screen recordings, shapes, and WordArt to a presentation.
- Modifying Objects in Your Presentation
- Topics covered in this lesson include how to edit, format, group, and arrange objects. Students will also be introduced to PowerPoint’s animation features.
- Adding Tables to Your Presentation
- This lesson focuses on how to create and format a table. Ways to add data from other Microsoft Office applications are also discussed.
- Adding Charts to Your Presentation
- Next, students will learn how to create, format, and manipulate a chart. The lesson will conclude with a brief look at inserting a chart from Microsoft Excel.
- Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
- In this final lesson, students will learn how to review, print, and deliver a presentation. Techniques for applying transitions to slides will also be covered.
- Modifying the PowerPoint Environment
- This lesson gives students a look at the PowerPoint environment and how to modify it. They will learn about how to customize the user interface and how to set options.
- Customizing Design Templates
- Making the most of the customizability of PowerPoint is the focus of this lesson, templates in particular. This lesson gives your students a look at how to create and manage sections, modify slide masters and slide layouts, add headers and footers, and modify the notes master and the handout master.
- Adding SmartArt to a Presentation
- SmartArt can add so much to any presentation and help bring it to life. This lesson shows your students how to create SmartArt and how to modify SmartArt.
- Working with Media and Animations
- Various types of media and animations are also items that can be used to enhance presentations. This lesson looks at them and how students can add audio and video to a presentation and how to customize animations and transitions.
- Collaborating on a Presentation
- Sometimes a presentation is the work of many hands and therefore collaboration is possible in PowerPoint. Students are shown in this lesson how to add comments to a presentation, how to review a presentation, and how to store and share presentations on the web.
- Customizing a Slide Show
- Here’s where your students get a better grip on how to customize their slide shows. This lesson covers how to: annotate a presentation, set up a slide show, create a custom slides show, add hyperlinks and action buttons, and record a presentation.
- Securing and Distributing a Presentation
- This course wraps up with the security and distribution of a presentation. The topic here are: secure a presentation, present a slide show online and create a video or CD.
Private training is available for this course.
Call us at 1-888-484-2933 to learn more about our flexible scheduling options or complete our Information Request Form.